Welcome to Camp Pepin!
So Long SummerAug 21 2016
Another summer is in the books here at YMCA Camp Pepin and it might have been the best one yet! More than 600 campers had the opportunity to spend a week doing sports, games, arts and crafts, campfires, zip lining, paddle boarding, kayaking, learning new skills, eating great food, and making friends and having the best summer ever!
One week of camp represents less than three-hundredths of a percent of the average person's lifespan, but if that one week is spent at summer camp, it can be a life-changing experience. Some campers arrived at camp nervous, unsure or homesick. But they all left with a
new sense of confidence, a new set of friends and new skills -physical, mental and emotional - that they will use for life.
It takes a full year's worth of hard work from so many different people to make a summer of camp possible. Staff and counselors spent many hours planning, parents and campers made huge commitments and of course, all of the donors and volunteers helped make everything possible. I personally want to thank each person involved for another amazing summer here at YMCA Camp Pepin!
Mike Melstad, Executive Director
Help Send a Kid to CampJul 18 2016
SEND A KID TO CAMP
Benefits of giving:
• 100% of contributions go towards providing camp sessions based on financial need
• 100% of donations received will be matched by a grant from the Y-USA Strategic Initiatives fund= up to $18,000
• With camp: children are in a safe environment, getting guidance from mentors, making friends, and continuing to learn outside the classroom
• Without camp: children may be unsupervised at home, decline in social skills and learning, and miss out on unique, memorable and fun experiences
• Your help is needed to benefit from the full match amount- we still need to raise $11,000 and every gift makes a difference
• Summer is a great time to think about what camp meant to you as a kid AND to imagine how good you will feel giving a child an opportunity to experience that same joy today!
GIVE NOW or contact Elaine O'Keefe to learn more about how you can make this the best summer ever for a child.