Welcome to Camp Pepin!
Save the date: Camp Pepin Open HouseMay 23 2016
Saturday, June 4th / 1-3pm
Each Spring we schedule an Open House for our new campers and their families. It's an ideal time for touring camp. You'll have an opportunity to see the cabins, dining hall, rec hall, camp office, health office, zip line, challenge course, athletic fields, Lake Pepin and our brand-new fleet of kayaks and paddleboards, and a lot more! You'll also meet several Camp Pepin staff members who will gladly answer all of your questions. Open House is a great way to learn more about Campand familiarize yourself with the camp's facilities. We hope you will join us!
6 Things Which Are Quintessentially Summer CampApr 11 2016
Summer at YMCA Camp Pepin is a fun and exciting experience where time flies by. There are literally hundreds of things to do at camp, which makes it impossible not to miss them when you are not here. Below are a few things to remind you of camp on these cold winter evenings:
- Beautiful Waterfront: Seeing a canoe or kayak is sure to remind you of your unforgettable summers at camp. From sailing to paddle boarding to fishing, YMCA Camp Pepin has variety of water activities to fill your day. Lake Pepin is a magnificent lake with Crystal-clear, sparkling water waiting for you!
- Arts & Crafts: According to the American Camp Association (ACA), arts and crafts is among the five most popular activities at summer camp, and why wouldn't it be? Kids simply love spending a part of their day in a place filled with glitter, paint, scissors, beads, and other craft items. With arts and crafts, the possibilities are endless.
- Campfires: A campfire is a big part of all the camps we offer at YMCA Camp Pepin. The activities, songs and traditions differ from camp to camp. However, one thing that remains consistent is the sacred relevance the campfire holds. The fire symbolizes camp life, and the burning wood serves as a reminder of picturesque settings in woods of Wisconsin.
- Camp Songs: What better place to sing, cheer and shout than camp? We love singing at YMCA Camp Pepin! Whether in the cabin, on the stage or around a campfire, camp songs are a big part of summer life. The slightest reminder of a camp lyric or tune will surely have you reminiscing about your summers spent here.
- S'mores: A summer isn't complete without s'mores! And besides, it's hard to resist the pleasure of melted marshmallows and chocolate sandwiched between two graham crackers. Just one bite is enough to bring instant memories of camp.
- Cabins: You might think: "What's so special about a cabin?'" Well, they are much more than places where counselors and campers sleep. It's where everyone becomes a family, memories are made and friendships are nurtured.
We are busy preparing for our 81st year of summer camp at YMCA Camp Pepin in 2016. We can't wait to share another unforgettable summer with you!
KICK-START THE BEST SUMMER EVER!Mar 28 2016
We're here to surround every child with support, guidance and fantastic chances to discover and learn. A chance to try until they succeed. A chance to explore new talents and interests.
We're here to show kids all they can accomplish when they believe in themselves. They thrive, knowing they can relax in a safe, nurturing and inclusive environment.
We're here to create experiences that immerse them in an atmosphere that inspires, guiding them to live healthy, help others and work together, making strong friendships that often last a lifetime.
YMCA Camp Pepin is here to help them flourish socially, emotionally, cognitively and physically. Rooted in caring, honesty, respect and responsibility, our holistic approach works wonders preparing kids for life, one fantastic summer at a time.
Register today and give your kids the best summer ever!